Sunday, February 8, 2009

Running on Fumes

Yesterday was our elementary school's winter carnival. For the past 5 years, I have helped recruit the volunteers and chaired the event one year. It is a simple carnival, with games such as: Duck Pond, Go Fish, Bean Bag Toss, and Putt-Putt.

The kids always enjoy the face painting and the bounce house. We also have a Silent Auction and I actually won a really nice gift this year - a family membership to our local zoo. I paid $20 less than what it is worth, so I feel like I got a good deal.

Our family is still worn out from Friday night set-up and being there for 8 hours yesterday. We would do it all over again tomorrow for the kids.

2 comments:

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

You are my hero!

Lori said...

I used to LOVE my school carnivals. Very important question: was there a cake walk?