Monday, February 9, 2009

Going to School

Today, I submitted the final paperwork for becoming a sub secretary or sub aide in my local school district. I am hoping to be able to sub a few times a month for the remainder of this year. Then in June, I am taking a big plunge. I am going to get my sub teaching license and apply at my kid's district and a neighboring district.

I had thought about just subbing for elementary, since I don't want to dare try to teach calculus or French. After talking to our principal, she urged me to apply for all grade levels. Apparently, the higher grade levels leave very easy lesson plans for subs called independent work. Sounds good to me.

I hope to bring in some money to help with our budget and be on the same schedule as my kids. Hopefully it will all work out.

5 comments:

Lori said...

Sounds like a great fit. I hope it works out for you!

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

Thanks for stopping by..and for the news of Dave Ramesy "sightings"..so far I really like what He is sharing..however my first taste was from Fox news..not so impressive.
Stop in again and say hi..sounds like you have a blessed family lifestyle!

a Tonggu Momma said...

Calculus?!?! Ack!!! But French would be fun. You know, if I actually spoke French.

I have several friends who sub and they love it. Hope you love it as much.

CC said...

Wow! Good luck to you!!!!

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

Good for you!!