Have you ever wondered how a kid can have a total meltdown one minute and then the next is fine? We say that Ethan is our drama boy and if you have seen him in action, you would agree.
He had a scout outing on Saturday to learn about making maple syrup. He was all hyped about going until he realized that we had family staying with us and he would miss out on 2 hours of gaming. I believe his head was about to spin during his meltdown. Hubby and I won this round and off he went to his outing.
2 hours later, Ethan came home so happy. The outing was great, he learned about the syrup and used a tool too. All is well now and he would like to continue with scouts. It is all I can do sometimes to keep calm while he is in meltdown mode. Thankfully, he is having less of these as he gets older.
4 comments:
I think keeping calm is the hardest, especially when they are completely irrational!! Love ya!
Being father to the Hunan Hurricane, I feel you on this one. People often forget the term MELTDOWN has its origin in Nuclear Science. Those of us with kids prone to this event however, see the resemblance.
I can totally relate. It seems to go better on those rare occasions when I remain calm.
I'm glad it all worked out and he had fun on his outing. Maple syrup, mmm.... one of my favorites! :)
Post a Comment