I always have a hard time when the new year comes. I think it's because each year the kids get older and it brings new challenges. My baby will turn 7 in February - how is that possible? My oldest, gulp, will be 13 in July -HELP! My middle son will turn 11 in May and I will turn - dare I say it aloud - 35 in June. Oh, my I did say that.
I don't make resolutions because I don't like them. I am going to set goals for myself this year. My darling hubby and I have challenged each other to a Biggest Loser Competition in order for us to get healthy. Whoever reaches their desired goal weight first, we go on their desired vacation. I have chosen Arizona since I have never been there and Josh has chosen Colorado since he went to high school in Colorado Springs. My goal is to get to the weight I was about 5 years ago when my dear friend Tonni and I did Weight Watchers together.
I have another goal of reading my Bible more often and really walking closer with God. I want to be a better mom and wife and know that I need to turn to God first in order to accomplish all of my goals.
I wish you all a wonderful 2009!
2 comments:
You can do it!! Too bad walking together just doesn't work anymore, but I can still be your number 1 cheerleader!
What great goals! I hope you'll be vacationing in Arizona this year:)
Post a Comment