Thursday, January 8, 2009
Freeze!
Ethan's cub scout den toured our local police department this evening. There were 7 1st graders and the first thing they asked was "Can I see your gun?" The very nice Sergeant showed the kids all of her "tools". The tazer was very interesting as it can zap you from 21 feet away. She even let them hit her back to feel how hard her bullet proof vest is. The boys were able to see most of the department like the interview room which has a stainless steel toilet so that "criminals" can't break any parts on it to use as a weapon. Who would of thought of that? I left there being very appreciative of our law enforcement and all that they do for us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
They are amazing aren't they? I have many law enforcement officials in my family and know they are incredible.
I love it every time Doc tells me he wants to be a police officer!
Post a Comment