Sunday, December 21, 2008
Peace on Earth
"Peace on Earth, Goodwill towards Men" is running through my head. This verse sums up what I witnessed at the Cincinnati Ronald McDonald House last night. Our family served dinner for the families that are staying there. Along with 5 of our neighbors, we prepared food for 75 folks. Families stay at Ronald McDonald House while their children are being treated at Cincinnati Children's Hospital and Shriner's Burn Institute. The reason "Peace on Earth" is resonating with me is that there are 47 families currently at the house from as far away as Kuwait, to as close as Lexington, KY. All nationalities, all there for one purpose: healing their children. They gather for meals, donated by volunteers, and support. Our family has helped with meals 6 times and we always are amazed at their strength, their gratefulness and the spirit of the children we see. I see Jesus with skin on in the faces of the volunteer staff. I thank God for Ronald McDonald House and pray for all of the families there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm sure you were a real blessing to the families there. I'm guessing Elizabeth was still at the hospital with Bella... it sounds like they had a hard night last night. Thanks for being on the lookout!
Post a Comment