Thursday, December 4, 2008
Memories From a Tree
One of my favorite things when decorating is putting the ornaments on the tree. When I married, my mom gave me all of the ornaments that I had been given as a child. On our honeymoon, we bought 2 ornaments to remember Gatlinburgh. Each year, the boys receive an ornament in their stocking so they will have them to take when they move out. Some of my favorite ornaments are our "First Christmas" ornament, the boys "First Christmas Baby" ornaments and anything with snowmen on it. I kind of have an unhealthy thing for snowmen - shh don't tell hubby! I do love how all of the ornaments add to our memories of Christmas each year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
We gave the kids ornaments their 1st few Christmases. But now we realize an increasing collection of ornaments would never fit on our 3 foot tree! ;)
Oh, and thanks for your super sweet comments and for following me :)
Great idea! YOu should buy yourself a new one after Christmas every year so when the boys move out someday, you won't have a naked tree!
I usually do get us a new one or Josh one too.
We always buy an ornament when we go on vacation then we reminisce about our trips when we decorate the tree. It's one of my favorite parts of Christmas.
Post a Comment