Friday, May 29, 2009

Celebration Time

Can you tell he was excited for his birthday?

Noah turned 11 yesterday, sigh. It's hard to believe. I remember the day he was born so clearly. I was induced (with all 3 boys) for labor and the hospital I delivered at had the goofiest policy for inductions. I had to arrive at midnight for my lovely pitocin drip. Now mind you, I was taking care of David who was 22 months old at that time.


So, Josh and I show up at midnight and had the nastiest registration lady to check us in. We finally got to my labor/delivery room around 1:00am and got things started. I was able to sleep for a few hours and woke up around 5:30 am feeling uncomfortable. Around 6:30am, my best friend, Amy, showed up to check on me and all %#@! started. My OB/GYN checked on me and broke my water, saying "I'm going to put on scrubs, I'll be back later". He was gone for about 5 minutes when Noah decided he was ready to be born. I'm yelling for the doctor, the nurse doesn't think that Noah is coming and Josh is grabbing gloves ready to play Johnny Bench. Amy starts hollering that I am going to deliver Noah RIGHT NOW! And she was right! The nurse caught Noah before the doctor could get back.


Noah came into this world ready to take it on. He earned the nickname "Bear" for his hairy back! We had 3 names picked out: Jacob, Matthew and Noah and as soon as he was born, Amy said "Noah is here" and so he was Noah.


We are so proud of him and are so in awe of being his parents! We love you Noah!

2 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

Happy birthday, Noah!

Lori said...

That story alone makes me think Noah's middle name should be Amy:) Everybody should have a friend like that.