Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Don't Open That Door
Today was a cold, dreary day. I was expecting a friend to stop this afternoon and upon hearing our door bell ring, assumed it was her. David got to the door before me and informed me that it was for him. Being the concerned (nosy) mom that I am, I peeked over his shoulder to see 2 girls standing on our porch. I didn't know them, didn't know they were stopping by, therefore I became Momma Bear. I didn't really want David hanging out with them, so I didn't invite them in. I had him talk to them outside. I know, not showing God's love at all there. It really bugged me that they came over, so I began to think if I did things like that in junior high. Yep, I did. I decided to bring him in within 10 minutes. Apparently I didn't scare the girls off, they showed up as we were sitting down to dinner. Help me now - I may not make it through junior high.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
If you hadn't given birth to such cute boys, this wouldn't be an issue!
Thanks T!
Uh-oh... and so it begins... You know, my daddy used to sharpen knives when boys came calling. Do you think that would work with girls?
And I stopped by to thank you so much for your prayers. We are so overwhelmed with the number of people praying for us.
Post a Comment