Saturday, July 19, 2008

Heat Wave

The summer heat is finally here. It is hard to breathe when you walk outside. We spent Wednesday and Thursday at the waterpark trying to stay cool. I believe the heat affected my thinking because I went on a rather large water ride there on Thursday with Noah. If you are familiar with Kings Island's waterpark, they have a ride that you can see from the highway. It is blue and orange, and my kids call it the toilet bowl - it looks like one. I'm sure that it has an actual name, I just don't look at the signs. Anyway, you sit on a raft that holds up to 4 people and go through a dark tunnel that then drops you straight down into the bowl. You then proceed to whirl up onto the sides and feel like you are going to flip over. Noah loved it, I am still not sure. At least it was dark in the tunnel and you couldn't see the drop coming! My friend that I was with said I was a very brave mama to go on that ride.

Last night I enjoyed a girls night out with 2 good friends. Today, David and I went to the Y to walk and lift weights. Third time this week that I worked out!

Stay cool friends!

2 comments:

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

You are braver than I am, my friend! I'm not sure what is scarier, the ride or the thought of putting on a swimsuit!!

Andrea said...

I figure no matter how bad I think I look, someone else is going to look worse in their swimsuit at Kings Island! There are some scary sights there!