Thursday, July 10, 2008

Boys to Men


My oldest son turned 12 on July 9th. He is becoming a young man rapidly before my eyes. I admit he has his kid moments, but everyday I see more maturity from him. He is more willing to play with his younger brothers and help our 6 year old. He knows what he likes when it comes to fashion - do not buy him clothes - he has to pick them out. He is understanding more about healthy eating and living - today he ran on the treadmill for 10 minutes and used the weight machines. He is excited about playing 7th grade football - a new sport for him.


It is true what the older ladies say - children grow-up quickly. Cherish them!

2 comments:

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

Happy Birthday David! It seems like yesterday when Grace said she was going to go to Kindergarten with you!

Andrea said...

I know - I still find it hard to believe that I now have a kid old enough to be in 7th grade!