I watched Noah and Ethan this evening enjoying their childhood in the most simple way. We were visiting with their Great-Grandmother and she has several big trees in her front yard. Noah wanted to show me how high he could climb and was so proud of himself for it. Ethan had to try too and did a good job. Noah showed him how to get down so he wouldn't fall out of the tree. It was really cool to watch them play without any electronic devices, they just played. They also caught lightening bugs which they named "George" and "Martha" after the ducks that visit our neighbor.
I only cautioned them twice about falling out of the tree. I'm trying a little more free range parenting and it seems to be a good fit for all of us. David didn't partake in the tree climbing as he is dealing with a nasty sunburn from our visit to the water park. Guess next time he will listen to my advice on using more sunscreen.
Aww, summer fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment