Thursday, October 9, 2008

No Yolk About It

My 6 year old's life just got a little crazier. He tested postive for an egg allergy. My husband has this also, but knows what foods to avoid. For our little guy, this is going to be hard. We don't know if he can have it in baked products, but a blood test will soon let us know how much he can tolerate. I am very proud of him - this morning he said he was going to have to tell his teacher so that Mr. G wouldn't bring in treats that have eggs in them. Ethan was happy to hear that due to his egg allergy, he can't get the flu shot. At least there's a bright side for him!

2 comments:

spewdfree said...

Hello,
My 20 month old son is allergic to soy, peanuts, eggs, wheat and dairy. I started a website, www.spewdfree.com where I have recipes that are free of soy,peanuts, eggs, wheat and dairy.
I thought you might be interested because of your son and husband.
Thanks,
Heather

Andrea said...

Thanks Heather! I will check that out. This is new to me for both as my husband's allergy has gotten worse over the years.