Thursday, June 19, 2008

Poison Ivy

It was parent's night at Boy Scout camp last night. The younger two and I went to visit and to take food. The parents get to eat with the scouts in their "camp" and so I was designated to deliver the food. We enjoyed a very simple sandwich dinner without the cicadas - yeah! We also got a tour of the rifle range and a few othe places. I didn't take pictures of their campsite's latrine - way too smelly! There is a bathroom on the camp with running water, but it was just about as scary as the latrine.

David is participating in the Chaplain Aid program and I was so proud of him last night. Chapel is optional for the scouts to attend. At the Chapel service last night, we sang 2 praise songs with an acoustic guitar and a small drum - very cool! David and 2 of his buddies were up there singing with the Chaplain and a few other scouts. David also read scripture and was not nervous at all. It was such an amazing worship service - simple and awesome.

After chapel we went down for the campground campfire. About 300 scouts are at the camp this week. Their song for this year is "Poison Ivy" and it is now stuck in my head. There was way too much testosterone flowing, but it was fun to watch the boys be goofy and have fun.
I even received a hug from my (almost) 12 year old as we left.

1 comment:

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

Gotta love those "proud parent moments" I am really glad you don't have poison ivy....