I have a big ache in my heart. No matter what I do, it won't go away. This ache came upon me almost one month ago. My father passed away October 18th. It was very unexpected and the shock is still so real. We do not know the cause yet. My mother is still living at their home, with family members taking turns spending nights with her. I spent one night and I'm not ready for that. It is too hard to be there at night.
I miss my Dad so much! He wasn't always the most affectionate Dad, but I know he loved me. I am very thankful that we spend the past couple of months together. Even though he didn't like that I took him to his doctor appointments, I appreciate that time more now than I ever thought I would.
3 comments:
Oh, Andrea... I didn't know. I am so very sorry. After watching my husband grieve this past year for his father and watching some dear friends grieve the loss of their parents these past two years - there is nothing that prepares one for the death of a parent. (((huge hugs))) I said a prayer for y'all tonight.
I'm so sorry. Praying for comfort.
I'm so sorry Andrea. I'll be praying for you and your mom as you continue to mourn especially as you head into the holidays. Sending you a big hug from Florida!
Post a Comment