Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Back to School = Back to Germs

The boys are in their third week of school and already, one is sick. No amount of hand washing has kept the germs away. I got the call today from the school nurse to pick up Ethan. He had a headache and low grade fever. But, I couldn't get to him. It was doctor day for my folks, and I was taking my Dad to his 2nd appointment for the day. I had to choose between my dad and my son, and I chose my dad. His appointment was for biopsy results, which, Praise God, were good. Ethan was picked up at school by a friend of ours, who I am hoping doesn't get sick now.

I am the sandwich generation and felt it more so today. My little guy didn't seem upset that I didn't pick him up. Bless his heart, he even told the nurse that I might be busy with Papaw's appointment and not be able to get him. No way was I leaving him at school feeling icky. I am thankful for my friends that are helping me keep it all together. They are a blessing!

2 comments:

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

Hope he is feeling better!!

a Tonggu Momma said...

Being in the sandwich years is really difficult, isn't it? Glad to hear about the biopsy results and I hope your little one is feeling better.